CAASAH is a support house for people with the HIV positive (AIDS), some of who come from the street to live in the house. Also CAASAH gives assistance to outpatients’ food supplies and psychological health. Founded in 1999, CAASAH works as an NGO supported by the government and community donations. At the facility, there are 83 people – 35 children and 48 adults. Currently it has 23 children, ranging 3 months old to 12 years of age, and 27 adults.

Friday, April 13, 2007

I cleanned, fed, taught and played with the kids of Caasah. Established circle line, educatinal activities and resources. The kids at Caasah are special. My experience at Caasah had a positive impact in my life. I introduced in the children's routine methods to help them break some habbits and developed educational activities.


Hazel Jooste
Feb - March, 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Hi, I don't know if anyone still writes in this blog, but in case someone actually reads these comments, I had a question:

I worked at CAASAH this fall, and I bondedly really closely with the kids... I really wanted to know how they're doing. Specifically, Michelle (twin Michelle, not other Michelle who is developmentally disabled, although I'd like to know how she's doing as well), Mateo and Carlos... if anyone has any updates on these kids, and of course the others as well -- I would appreciate it SO much. My email is r.gathmann@gmail.com.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home