CAASAH is a support house for people with the HIV positive (AIDS), some of who come from the street to live in the house. Also CAASAH gives assistance to outpatients’ food supplies and psychological health. Founded in 1999, CAASAH works as an NGO supported by the government and community donations. At the facility, there are 83 people – 35 children and 48 adults. Currently it has 23 children, ranging 3 months old to 12 years of age, and 27 adults.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Tyler Shaw Dec 12/2009 - Feb 6/2010

That's my second time at CAASAH and I love this placement. I have my own blog so please read it web.me.com/tylerashaw



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I recently read a book about the HIV program in Brazil called Will to Live. I would love to volunteer at Caasah for six months before I go back to school to study to be a doctor. I'm having a hard time on Google trying to find any contact information. Any information that anyone could pass on to me about who to contact would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! jennychiurco@gmail.com

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home